ABOUT THE ROLE
How would you like to join a team that empowers people, processes and technologies in the health sector to increase their reach and impact across Africa? Are you passionate about knowledge management and FP/RH? Do you believe that the solutions to health sector challenges exist among stakeholders and partners? Then we are looking for you if you dare to take on the challenge. Read on to learn more about the role of Technical FP/RH Officer for the Knowledge SUCCESS Project!
Knowledge SUCCESS is a five-year global project led by a consortium of partners and funded by USAID’s Office of Population and Reproductive Health to support learning and create opportunities for collaboration and knowledge sharing within the family planning and reproductive health community.
The Technical FP/RH Officer will focus on providing technical, programmatic and administrative assistance to the Knowledge SUCCESS project team, particularly with inputs on family planning and reproductive health. You will work with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate project activities and input into the overall project as required. You will perform both technical and operational roles including traveling to the field to meet with users to ensure the smooth continuity of project activities.
You also initiate and/or strengthen collaboration between partner organizations, represent the project at technical meetings and work directly with donors and partners to support project activities in the field.
You are organized and have an eye for detail. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and jump in where necessary. Stakeholder and partner engagement and management are skills you will be proud of. You thrive under pressure, are resilient and results-oriented. You are a great communicator and a leader who can inspire your team. You have the ability to manage multiple projects with different types of requirements and prioritize many urgent tasks. You are confident and can communicate directions and solutions clearly to both technical and non-technical personnel. You are a team player, pragmatic and driven and ultimately have a passion to make an impact!
- FP/RH provide technical and programmatic support to the Knowledge SUCCESS project team. Support efforts to ensure that critical, high-quality FP/RH knowledge and information is identified and made available and accessible to the project audience.
- Attend/support relevant FP/SRH events and meetings in Anglophone Africa (in-person and virtual).
- Support the identification and implementation of the project’s KM capacity building interventions, including the Knowledge Management Innovations such as ThePitch, Learning Circles and the FP Insights for knowledge sharing, collaboration, learning and adaptation.
- Track project social media engagements across identified platforms.
Partner and community involvement
- Support engagement (in-person and virtual) between relevant partners and stakeholders in the region across platforms, including:
- The Collaborative’s web-based platform
- The Collaborative’s WhatsApp group
- Actively participate in identified regional meetings to increase visibility of project activities and network with project stakeholders.
- Manage TheCollaborative Database of East African regional FP or FP-related (e.g. PBL, gender) TWGs and projects at the regional and country level; calendar of FP-related or FP-relevant events; and relevant platforms that can be used.
Administration and Documentation
- Plan and coordinate project activities, including workshops, meetings, conferences, field trips, and quarterly and annual meetings and events.
- Support audience engagement at a regional and country level by focusing on existing regional networks to identify/analyze segments within the audience.
- Provide operational assistance to the Knowledge SUCCESS project team to ensure smooth continuity of project activities.
- Provide daily troubleshooting, technical input, writing and editing, and procurement processing as required by the project.
Education and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences or a related field.
- Training in community and social media management, knowledge management, project management, communication and related fields.
Required qualifications and experience
- Five (5) years of professional experience in the FP/RH space with at least three (3) years of regional FP/RH work.
- Experience in planning, relationship management and youth programming.
- Experience in interpreting and synthesizing monitoring and evaluation findings in programmatic application to a diverse range of health areas would be an added advantage.
- Experience with project management and online project management tools is an advantage.
- Experience in Knowledge Management will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good facility skills
- Negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and personal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple and non-technical way.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Analysis: The ability to work independently and in collaboration with others. Identifying problems that hinder progress and looking for viable and efficient solutions.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Documentation: Ability to document progress, prepare quality reports and synthesize relevant data and information.
- Integrity: Ability to protect project assets and information
- Information Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Innovation and Creativity: Ability to think outside the box; and takes initiative and identifies opportunities to advance project objectives
How to apply
Interested? Visit our website https://amref.org/job/technical-fp-rh-officer-2/ to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at any stage of the recruitment and selection process and no agent is engaged in connection with recruitment. While Amref may use various job boards from time to time to further broaden its reach to applicants, all open positions are posted on our website under the Job Opportunities page and on our official social media pages. Please also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa come from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke free environmental policy.