Shaklee’s Meology Program, first introduced in September 2020, identifies nutritional needs based on biology, lifestyle and health goals as well as DNA and blood test results that can be manually entered into the assessment. The program is powered by a patent-pending algorithm and product recommendation engine that provides personalized nutrition recommendations.
Meology Kids debuts as a follow-up in September 2021 to ensure the next generation gets the nutrients they need for growing bodies.
The company said Meology Prenatal is Natural’s next step.
Recognizing that personalized nutrition is important during pregnancy, Shaklee developed Meology Prenatal to target the individual symptoms each woman experiences using carefully designed ingredients.
“Because the essential nutrients that mother and baby need are the same throughout the three stages of labor, each stage of the Prenatal Meology Program includes the same three core products. Together, these products provide 23 essential vitamins and minerals, including 100% or more of the daily value of 21 vitamins and minerals including folic acid, iron, iodine, calcium, and vitamin D, plus 250 mg of DHA, 50 mg of EPA, and 225 mg of choline.These essential products also meet daily value requirements in addition to the recommendations set by American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,”said Erin Barrett, PhD, a nutritional biochemist and director of scientific affairs and product innovation at Shaklee.
The original Meology for Adults is powered by a patent-pending algorithm and product recommendation engine that makes millions of instant decisions based on Meology’s evaluation responses to determine the amount and types of nutrients needed. This technology collectively assesses nutritional needs and assigns them to products containing the required nutrients and amounts.
Meology Prenatal takes this assessment a step further to provide comprehensive nutrition and a customized, targeted solution throughout the journey of motherhood.
Prenatal Meology first includes a short assessment to determine if users are (1) preparing for pregnancy, (2) pregnant or (3) postpartum. From there pick-up and go packages are delivered daily each month.
While the basic nutrients that mom and baby need are the same during all three stages of labor, because no two pregnancies are the same, Meology Prenatal customizes plans to address mom’s occasional discomforts. These discomforts vary from one stage to another and also from woman to woman. Products that provide nutrients to meet these needs, including fertility, stress, sleep support, relief of occasional leg cramps, mild indigestion, morning sickness and constipation can be added to Meology orders.
- The Core Nutrition package includes three flagship products delivered in a fresh, easy-to-use format, providing 23 essential vitamins and minerals, plus 250 mg of DHA and 225 mg of choline:
- Prenatal Multivitamin Drink Mix is a gentle-on-the-stomach drink mix containing a powdered multivitamin that provides all essential vitamins and 8 key trace minerals plus 225 mg of choline.
- The MultiM tablet is packed with essential minerals for every stage of the motherhood journey.
- Omega-3 Jellys are strawberry and lemon flavored chewables that provide 250 mg of DHA to support baby’s eye and brain development.
Dealing with harassment
Barrett noted that Meology Prenatal customizes plans to address occasional mom-to-be inconveniences with add-ons. These extras include discomforts such as fertility, stress, sleep support, relief from occasional leg cramps, mild indigestion, morning sickness, and constipation. These components include:
- CoQ10 to support fertility and pregnancy
- Stress Relief Complex to help relieve tension and stress
- Cal Mag Plus can be chewed for occasional leg cramps, sleep challenges, and mild indigestion
- Optiflora DI for digestive and immune system support
- Vita-D3 to support the vitamin D content of breast milk
Or added to orders and taken as needed:
- Stomach soothing drops for occasional morning sickness and upset stomach
- Life Shake to support a healthy weight when trying to conceive and to provide extra calories and essential plant protein during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Energizing tea for natural energy
“At this special time in a woman’s life, we know that she requires specific vitamins and nutrients to help prepare her body for pregnancy, make sure the baby is healthy and growing, and address the changes she experiences after birth. A solution that meets these special needs that are experienced through every stage.” “,said Roger Barnett, Chairman and CEO of Shaklee Corporation.
Shaklee partners with Vitamin Angels to buy one, give one program. Every purchase of Meology Prenatal helps provide life-changing nutritional support to pregnant women and babies in need in all 50 states and around the world.