Westford, USA, January 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Increased consumer awareness of the benefits of polyunsaturated fatty acids for a healthy diet and body composition and increased investment in clinical research and development drive the omega 3 market. In the coming years, it is also projected that increased awareness of chronic diseases and increased product utilization among active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) will drive the market. Additionally, manufacturers are offering sustainably sourced plant-based variants to meet the dietary needs of the vegan omega-3 population.
Omega-3 fatty acids are helpful in reducing the risk of heart disease and support glowing skin. These are consumed along with a healthy diet and regular exercise to help reduce levels of certain blood fats (triglycerides) and increase levels of good cholesterol (HDL). Omega 3s are crucial for healthy growth and development and may be helpful in preventing and treating a number of chronic conditions, including cancer, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease and autoimmune diseases.
Get a sample copy of this report:
Based on SkyQuest market research, 15 to 58% of adults in developed countries struggle with more than one chronic condition. Furthermore, chronic diseases cause more than 70% of deaths worldwide. In such circumstances, omega 3 products are likely to gain more traction in the coming years.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) segment to witness rapid growth due to increased consumption among ADHD patients
According to SkyQuest, the DHA segment accounted for 32.4% market share in 2022 and substantial growth is expected to gain 38.7% in the omega 3 market by 2028. When performing a mental activity, DHA helps to reduce blood triglycerides while increasing HDL cholesterol and blood flow. Omega-3 fatty acids can help ADHD patients who struggle with impulsive behaviors and concentration problems. In addition, DHA has anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and other heart-related conditions.
Sales are expected to increase due to the shift in consumer preference towards a healthy diet that includes omega-3 components and the use of fish oil across Asia Pacific. The third largest market for EPA and DHA oils worldwide is China. Chinese consumers predominantly consume omega-3s in fish, supplements and fortified meals. The dietary supplement industry is dominated by omega-3s derived from fish oil, while the fortified food and beverage market is dominated by DHA oil from algae.
See the summary of the report and the Complete Table of Contents (ToC):
The most recent report on the omega 3 market examines industry trends over the last few years. It includes some of the most important events and patterns that are likely to emerge as major market influencers. Furthermore, the market report provides a broader view of the industry using an informed market forecast related to key market segments and sub-segments for the target market.
Supplements and functional foods segment to drive important sales due to increased consumption of sports supplements
According to SkyQuest, the supplements and functional foods segment held 48% of revenue in 2022 and is forecast to continue its dominance to reach 56.4% by 2028. The growth of the segment is attributed to the excellent advantages provided by omega 3 such as weight management, mineral fortification and attractiveness advantages. In addition, sports supplements and functional food products are expected to become more popular as fitness professionals and athletes from many countries, including China, Italy, India and the United States, become more aware of the need to cut calories.
North America held a 34.7% revenue share in 2022 to maintain its dominant position in the market. The growth of the regional market is due to the existence of well-known manufacturers of pharmaceutical products based on omega 3. In addition, important pharmaceutical companies in this area are another factor driving demand.
For a complete perspective, the Omega 3 Market Research Report includes historical statistics and growth projections. It is an excellent resource for an in-depth analysis of market segmentation, geographic reach, competitive environment, revenue, production and consumption growth. Industry participants can better understand current and future market development using reliable market data and statistical research from the report.
Key developments in the omega 3 market
- Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc., a diversified health and wellness company, has launched Forest Remedies Multi Omega 3-6-9. It is a line of innovative supplements made with Ahiflower oil. Forest Remedies Multi-Omega supplements are a well-balanced blend of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids that support heart, brain, skin and joint health.
- Orlo Nutrition has launched a DHA Starter Kit and a seaweed omega-3 supplement to support the brain, heart, joints and systems. The supplement’s absorption rate is three times that of other seaweed or fish oils. Seaweed is grown using 100% renewable resources and without the use of pesticides, hexanes or environmental toxins. It is vegan, non-GMO, carbon neutral and comes in a post-consumer recycled cardboard box or padded envelope.
- Algarithm and Natures Crops International collaborated to create two completely new omega oil blends for use as a supplement, food and beverage ingredient. These new Ahiflower 80DHA and 150DHA blends are the only vegan omega source and partnership offering the widest range of omegas with outstanding sensory properties.
- MiAlgae, a Scottish biotechnology start-up, has received a new investment of £2.3m ($2.8m) to help drive the company’s next stage of growth. The company has created a new biotechnology platform that grows microalgae rich in omega-3 oils using low-value by-products from the food and beverage industries as feedstock.
The Omega 3 market report highlights the strategies and market share of the leading vendors in the market. In addition, the report follows a solid research methodology template that assists in making informed decisions. In addition, it brings together qualitative and quantitative market data, complemented by multilevel research. The information also incorporates extensive data, analysis and competitive insights to improve R&D systems.
Talk to analyst for your custom requirements:
Prominent Players in the Omega 3 Market
- DSM (Netherlands)
- Lonza Group (Switzerland)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Admin (USA)
- Glanbia Plc (Ireland)
- SternVitamin GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Farbest Brands (US)
- BTSA Biotechnologies Applied SL (Spain)
- Adisseo (France)
- Golden Omega (Chile)
- Rabar Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Sinomega Biotech Engineering Co. Ltd. (China)
- Kinomega Biopharm Inc. (China)
- Pharma Marine AS (Norway)
- Polaris (USA)
- ALGISYS LLC (USA)
- Huatai Biopharmacy (China)
Related reports in the SkyQuest Library:
Global healthy snacks market
Global frozen finger chips market
Global plastic packaging market
Global Herbal Protein Supplements Market
Global Superfood Market
SkyQuest Technology is a leading growth consulting firm, providing market intelligence, marketing and technology services. It has more than 450 satisfied customers worldwide.
1 Apache Way, Westford, Massachusetts 01886
USA (+1) 617-230-0741
The e-mail: [email protected]
LinkedIn Facebook twitter