The global toothpaste market is expected to reach $17.6 billion by 2024, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% over the analysis period.
The increased focus on oral care is driven by the consumer’s desire to prevent common and avoidable oral problems such as tooth loss and cavities. A wide range of oral care products are currently available to ensure oral and dental hygiene, including toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash.
Europe represents the largest regional toothpaste market, accounting for an estimated 37.7% of the global total. The market is expected to reach $6.7 billion by the end of the analysis period. China is expected to be at the forefront of growth, emerging as the fastest growing regional market with a CAGR of 6.7% over the analysis period.
The market continues to be driven by the increasing awareness of oral hygiene, the increasing dental needs of an aging population and the advent of technologically advanced products. The market benefits from manufacturers’ efforts to develop and market new and advanced products as a result of changing consumer preferences.
For example, in recent years, the oral care market has been impacted by the growing popularity of whitening toothpaste, the rising demand for automated toothbrushes and the increasing use of online portals by customers for purchasing oral care products. The oral care market is also witnessing manufacturers resorting to region-specific product launches to meet local or regional customer needs.
Most of the growth in the oral care market will come from the fast-growing emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Latin America. A growing population, a growing middle-class population and rising disposable incomes of people are contributing to the increased demand for oral care products in emerging markets. Despite the stable growth forecast for the oral care market, there are potential barriers to growth in the form of a lack of knowledge about advanced dental products, rising costs of oral care products and increasing competition in the market.
The multi-benefit toothpastes market is expected to grow fastest during the analysis period. Multifunctional toothpastes are popular and innovations are driving growth in the mature market. The oral care segment is a mature market and offers opportunities to dealers and retailers by offering multifunctional toothpastes to consumers.
For example, companies are launching toothpaste that not only gives a whitening effect, but also fights against plaque, stains, bad breath, sensitivity, cavities, tartar and gingivitis. Continued population growth and growing awareness about oral hygiene are playing an important role in driving the market. Companies are mainly targeting the young brigade by introducing toothpastes that appeal to teenage consumers.
Main topics covered:
II. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Market insights from influencers
- Global market trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a looming global recession
- Oral Care Products: Maintaining Teeth and Mouth Health
- Toothpaste: An Essential Part of the Routine Oral Hygiene Regimen
- Developing Countries Turbo Charge Future Market Growth
- Whitening toothpastes lead global toothpaste market
- Competitive landscape
- Multinationals rule the toothpaste market
- Global Market Shares of Competitors
- Saturation triggers competition and segmentation
- Change in the strategy of marketers
- Recent market activity
- Leading toothpaste brands
- Brand extensions: order of the day
- Advertise and promote
- Advertise – For a “brand new” smile
- The GEL craze
- Branding – Impact on purchases
- Advertising in the children’s toothpaste segment
- Distribution Channels
- Supermarkets take the biggest pie
- Strategies to increase market share
- Emergence of multi-channel buyers
- Online marketing catches up
- Product overview
- Types of toothpastes
- Anti-caries / fluoride toothpastes
- Whitening Toothpaste
- Toothpaste for children
- Desensitizing Toothpaste
- Toothpaste for gum protection
- Toothpaste with multiple benefits
- Tartar control toothpaste
- Toothpaste Formula
- Toothpaste Ingredients
- Select toothpaste ingredients and their attributes / functions
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 142 Featured)
- CCA Industries, Inc
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Dabur India Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- LG Household & Health Care Ltd.
- Lion Corporation
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Ranir, LLC
- Sunstar Suisse SA
- Unilever plc
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Emerging markets: under-penetrated markets offer significant growth potential
- Exponential increase in global urban population
- Nascent Middle Class Population
- Demographic trends influence marketers’ strategies
- Herbal and natural toothpastes give tough competition to conventional toothpastes
- Biotechnology to enable teeth regrowth
- BioMin Technologies Introduces Innovative Toothpaste Ingredient
- Increase in value-added toothpastes
- Select value-added toothpaste products
- New flavors Flood Market
- Mint – The Favorite Toothpaste Flavor
- Toothpaste flavours: A comparison of the world’s leading flavors used in toothpastes
- Segment trends in the toothpaste market
- Popularity of whitening toothpastes
- Toothpastes with natural ingredients are gaining popularity
- Sensitivity Toothpastes
- Toothpaste for children
- Remineralizing Systems
- Triclosan: effective, but concerns about environmental and health risks
- Ban on parabens in few markets
- Recyclable Toothpaste Tube – The New Trend in the Oral Care Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
- Toothpaste Market Presence – strong/active/niche/trivial – key competitors in the United States for 2022 (E)
- Oral hygiene products: an overview
- US Oral Care Market (2018): Percentage Breakdown of Value Sales by Product Category – Mouthwash, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, and Whitening Products
- Toothpaste Market – A Review
- Whiteners gain market share
- Growing demand for “all-in-one” toothpastes
- Strong growth for children’s toothpaste market
- Multi-benefit segment: Uptrend
- Toothpaste for sensitive teeth: a promising market
- US Toothpaste Market Share (in %) by Company: 2019
- Unit Sales Breakdown of Leading Brands in the US Toothpaste Market: 2018
- Consumer trends
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dfixlf