For the fifth year in a row, Orangetheory Fitness is partnering with the American Heart Association to raise awareness of the important role cardiovascular fitness plays in reducing the risk of heart disease and adding years to your life. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of heart health and several upcoming events where you can get your heart pumping!
1. Birmingham Heart Walk 2023 – Saturday 11 March
Join thousands of walkers at the 2023 Birmingham Heart Walk at Railroad Park on Saturday, March 11! Free and open to the public, the Birmingham Heart Walk is a great way to improve your heart health and mental health, and your participation helps millions of others. So far, the Walk has raised $480,339 of their $620,000 goal, and every dollar funds research, advocacy, CPR training and other ways to promote better heart health.
2. TumTum Tree Foundation Run – Sunday, March 19
On Sunday, March 19, Orangetheory Fitness presents the 2nd Annual TumTum Tree Foundation 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run! The race is held in Mountain Brook and starts and finishes at the Emmet O’Neal Library in Crestline Village.
Proceeds from the run benefit the TumTum Tree Foundation, a charitable foundation whose mission is to enrich the lives of Alabama children facing life-altering and life-threatening illnesses. Through their wine auction and other fundraising efforts, the TumTum Tree Foundation has donated more than $16.2 million to Alabama children’s charities over the past 33 years.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 10K — 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM | Register here.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 5K — 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM | Register here.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 1 Mile Fun Run — 3:30pm to 4:00pm | Register here.
Each registration comes with a TumTum Tree Foundation T-shirt, and strollers and pets are welcome in all races!
After the race, runners and fans are welcome to the After Party from 3-7 PM! There’s live music, bounce houses, face painting, local restaurants, bartenders, shops, and more – fun for the whole family!
Click here for more information about the 2nd Annual TumTum Tree Foundation Run on Sunday, March 19.
3. Join an Orangetheory Fitness class
According to the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 150 minutes or more of moderate-to-vigorous activity per week can help reduce the risk of many chronic diseases and other adverse health outcomes. That means completing just 3 Orangetheory Fitness classes per week will achieve this goal and can contribute to a positive change in your physical and mental health.
Click here to learn more and become a member today at your local Orangetheory studio!
Take your fitness to the next level at Orangetheory
Ready to get your heart racing? Orangetheory has five locations in the Birmingham area:
- Downtown Birmingham – 117 20th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hoover – 4441 Creekside Ave #141, Hoover, AL 35244
- Inverness – 210 Inverness Cors, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Trussville — 2050 Gadsden Hwy #124, Birmingham, AL 35235
- Vestavia Hills — 790 Montgomery Hwy #132, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
How DO YOU take care of your heart in Birmingham? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!